Founded in 2017, the mission of the US National Committee of IUCN is to encourage co-operation among all IUCN members in the US, facilitating their contribution to the program and governance of IUCN.
We aim to do this by:
- Providing a channel for communication and networking between IUCN’s US Members, Commissions, and Secretariat to be engaged with the IUCN Programs;
- Providing a platform for IUCN US Members to share and communicate on domestic and international programs and initiatives outside of IUCN Programs;
- Providing a forum for IUCN US Members to discuss and consider collective actions on domestic and international conservation issues;
- Ensuring that the views of IUCN US Members make an effective contribution to the work of IUCN, including at regional and global events, activities, and meetings; meetings of IUCN’s Council, General Assembly, and World Conservation Congress; and any other process through the United Nations;
- Disseminating IUCN policy positions, publications, reports, and information to IUCN US members.