The Dallas Safari Club (DSC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the conservation of wildlife and wilderness lands. The club was founded in 1972 and is headquartered in Farmers Branch, Texas. DSC has over 10,000 members worldwide and is a member of the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
DSC’s mission is to “conserve wildlife and wilderness lands; to educate youth and the general public and to promote and protect the rights and interests of hunters worldwide.” The club accomplishes its mission through a variety of programs and initiatives, including:
- The annual Dallas Safari Club Convention, which is the largest wildlife conservation event in the world.
- The DSC Foundation, which provides grants to wildlife conservation organizations around the world.
- The DSC Wildlife Endowment Fund, which provides long-term financial support for wildlife conservation.
- The DSC Youth Conservation Program, which teaches young people about the importance of wildlife conservation.
- The DSC Anti-Poaching Program, which supports efforts to combat poaching and wildlife trafficking.
DSC is a strong advocate for sustainable hunting and believes that hunting can be a powerful tool for wildlife conservation. The club works with governments and conservation organizations around the world to ensure that hunting is managed in a way that benefits wildlife populations.
DSC is a member of the IUCN, which is the world’s oldest and largest conservation organization. IUCN is a global union of around 1,400 member organizations, including governments, non-governmental organizations, indigenous peoples’ organizations, and scientists. IUCN’s mission is to “influence, encourage, and assist societies throughout the world to conserve the natural world by inspiring, informing, and enabling people to care about nature.”
DSC’s membership in IUCN gives the club a platform to advocate for wildlife conservation at the global level. The club works with IUCN to develop conservation policies and programs, and to raise awareness about the importance of wildlife conservation.
DSC is a leading voice for wildlife conservation. The club’s work is making a difference in the fight to protect wildlife and wild places.