The National Whistleblower Center (NWC) is a non-profit organization that protects the rights of individuals to report wrongdoing to government authorities. The NWC was founded in 1989 by Stephen M. Kohn, a leading whistleblower attorney. The NWC has a 30-year history of advocating for whistleblower rights and has helped to secure billions of dollars in rewards for whistleblowers.
The NWC is a member of the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN). The IUCN is the world’s largest and most diverse environmental network. Membership in the IUCN allows the NWC to collaborate with other organizations to protect whistleblowers who report wildlife crime.
The NWC’s work with the IUCN focuses on two main areas:
- Promoting the use of monetary rewards to encourage whistleblowers to report wildlife crime. The NWC believes that monetary rewards are an effective way to encourage whistleblowers to come forward, especially in countries where there is a lack of legal protection for whistleblowers. The NWC has helped to secure the passage of whistleblower reward laws in several countries, and it continues to advocate for the use of monetary rewards to combat wildlife crime.
- Providing training and support to whistleblowers who report wildlife crime. The NWC offers training and support to whistleblowers who report wildlife crime. This training helps whistleblowers to understand their rights and to protect themselves from retaliation. The NWC also provides legal representation to whistleblowers who need it.
The NWC’s work with the IUCN is helping to protect whistleblowers who report wildlife crime. By promoting the use of monetary rewards and providing training and support, the NWC is helping to make it easier for whistleblowers to come forward and help to stop this illegal activity.
Here are some additional links that you may find helpful:
- National Whistleblower Center website: https://www.whistleblowers.org/
- International Union for Conservation of Nature website: https://www.iucn.org/
- NWC’s work on wildlife crime: https://www.whistleblowers.org/wildlife/