PCI-Media Impact, Inc. is a non-profit organization that uses creative storytelling to inspire enduring change in communities around the world. For over 30 years, PCI Media Impact has worked with local partners to produce programs that address the most pressing social and environmental issues, such as HIV/AIDS prevention, biodiversity conservation, sustainable development, reproductive health, human rights, and democracy.
PCI Media Impact’s programs use a technique called Entertainment-Education (E-E), which incorporates vital information into entertaining media programs to simultaneously educate and amuse audiences. This approach has been shown to be highly effective in changing attitudes and behaviors, and PCI Media Impact’s programs have reached over 1 billion people in over 60 countries.
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is a global environmental organization that works to conserve nature and biodiversity. PCI Media Impact is a member of IUCN, and the two organizations have collaborated on a number of projects, including:
- The #NatureForAll campaign, which aims to inspire people to love and protect nature.
- The #WildforLife campaign, which is working to combat the illegal wildlife trade.
- The Comics Uniting Nations project, which is using comics to communicate the Sustainable Development Goals.
PCI Media Impact and IUCN share a common goal of creating a more sustainable and equitable future for all. By using creative storytelling, PCI Media Impact is helping to empower communities around the world to take action for change.
Here are some specific examples of PCI Media Impact’s work with IUCN:
- In 2016, PCI Media Impact worked with IUCN to produce a series of radio soap operas about the illegal wildlife trade. The soap operas were broadcast in 16 countries in Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean, and they reached over 10 million people.
- In 2017, PCI Media Impact worked with IUCN to produce a comic book about climate change. The comic book was distributed to schools and community centers in over 20 countries, and it reached over 100,000 people.
- In 2018, PCI Media Impact worked with IUCN to produce a series of videos about sustainable development. The videos were used to train community leaders in over 10 countries, and they helped to raise awareness of the Sustainable Development Goals.
PCI Media Impact is a valuable partner for IUCN, and the two organizations are working together to make a difference for nature and people around the world.